Matt Purdie - Rules
Tournament Rules are as follows:-
1. Competition fixtures played on a league basis with 2 points for a win and 1 point for a draw.
2. Teams to be divided into 2 sections of 4 playing each other on a Home and Away basis.
3. Winners of each section will be the Associations with the highest point’s total, and in the event of a tie the Associations with the highest shots difference.
4. Final of the event will be the 2 Section winners at a venue to be decided.
5. All games to be played on a Monday afternoon starting at 12 noon unless both Associations agree otherwise.
6. Games will be played over 15 ends with 2 trial ends.
7. Each team to consist of 5 rinks of 4 players each.
8. Competition to start at beginning of July and run over an 8 week period which will exclude the Northfield week.
9. Home Associations to arrange for a light snack to be served at end of game;
10. Home Associations to arrange for appointment of 1 umpire;
11 Red (home) and Blue (away) stickers to be used;
12 Dress code to be white tops and grey trousers or an Association’s coloured gear;
13 Home venues to be as near as possible to opponent’s area;
14 Association winning Tournament to be presented with appropriate players’ medals/badges;
15 Joining fee for each Association to be £30.
16 Postponed games to be re-arranged by appropriate Associations on a suitable date preferably within 7 days i.e. before the next scheduled game;
17 In the event of a game being abandoned provided all 5 rinks have completed at least 8 ends the accumulative score of all completed ends will decide the result of the match. If all rinks have not completed a minimum of 8 ends the game will require to be resumed on a suitable date (see Rule 16) at the point of abandonment;
18 Results of all matches to be telephoned or e-mailed on day played by home Associations to Tournament Convener.
Stuart Pagan (Tournament Convener)
E-Mail to: email@example.com